For a subtle way to introduce Salmon in to your kiddies diet, you simply cannot go wrong with this recipe. It’s so easy to prepare & cook. When I make it I ensure I cook extra so that I can freeze. It’s the easiest dish just to wack out of the freezer the night before and defrost in the fridge overnight for a quick and easy lunch the next day.
You will need: 450g pasta, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1-2 garlic cloves chopped, 2 red onions sliced, 2/3 salmon fillets skinned and cubed, 150ml single cream, half a brocolli,
To cook: 1) Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in a pan of salted boiling water, then drain.
2) In another saucepan/steamer cook the Brocolli until tender and put to one side to cool
3) Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and red onion and fry for 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened.
4) Add the salmon cubes and single cream and continue to cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, or until the salmon has cooked through.
5) Stir in the drained pasta and season with salt and pepper.
6) Chop up the cooled brocolli in to tiny bits and mix it all in together.
To freeze, wait to cool down and either store in freeazable bags or containers. Defrost overnight in the fridge. It’ll keep in the fridge for 3-4 days or 2-3 months in the freezer.
This dish can also be enjoyed by the family however if for toddler I tend keep it in the fridge for 2 days max just to be on the safe side as I do get a bit worried when it comes to fish!
Any questions, feel free to contact me! Enjoy x